Over the last couple of months, we were honored to participate in two golf tournaments that raised money to support good causes in our Phoenix community and throughout our state.
The Arizona Bar Foundation’s Drive Fore Justice Golf Tournament happened on May 20th at the Moon Valley Country Club. Our bank’s Rich Endicott and Doug Metzger as well as two of our clients, Court Rich and Bill Harter, golfed alongside nearly 100 judges and lawyers in the Bar Foundation’s third annual golf tournament to support the Foundation’s mission of “promoting access to justice for all Arizonans.” We also contributed by sponsoring one of the tournament holes.
The Bar Foundation’s many programs include:
- Modest Means Project – in partnership with the State Bar of Arizona, providing a low-cost, one-hour meeting with an attorney for people who don’t qualify for free legal service but cannot afford full-price rates.
- Military/Veteran’s Legal Assistance Project – in partnership with the State Bar of Arizona and with support from the Arizona Supreme Court, providing legal assistance to active military and veterans.
- Online Pro Bono Project –legal services provided by answering questions over legal help websites org, lawforseniors.org and azlawhelp.org.
- Wills For Heroes Arizona – in partnership with the State Bar of Arizona and in affiliation with the Wills For Heroes Foundation, providing free estate planning legal services to Arizona’s first responder personnel.
- Law-Related Education Programs – various opportunities to teach children in grades K- 12 about the law.
This foundation does important work to bring legal rights to all Arizona citizens and offer plenty of volunteer opportunities. Check out the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education website to learn more.
In late April, we also took part in the Arizona Petroleum Marketers Association Foundation’s (APMA) 2017 Scholarship Golf Tournament at McCormick Ranch Golf Club. Since 2007, the Foundation, for one of the largest trade associations of its kind, has awarded over 60 scholarships, valued at over $300,000. Scholarships are awarded to APMA member companies’ employees and their children. According to their website, “In 2016, nine students received scholarships with a total value of $44,000….”
The Foundation has a long track record of commitment to education and support for members’ families. According to the APMA website, its members “supply billions of gallons of fuel and tons of related products annually to Arizonans. These businesses provide fuel and lubricants to the vast majority of commercial end users, including farmers, construction firms, and local and state governments.”
The Biltmore Bank of Arizona works with many local energy companies, providing a full array of banking services, and is proud to support this important part of the Arizona economy.
We had a great time lending our support by golfing, as well! Our bank’s Rich Endicott, Todd Leveen and Doug Metzger, as well as our client Bill Harter, made up our fabulous foursome at the scholarship tournament, and Biltmore sponsored one of the tournament holes as well. Biltmore banker Desirae Outcalt was also on hand to lend her support.
Linking to Non-Biltmore Bank Websites
This icon appears next to every link that directs to a third party website not affiliated with Biltmore Bank. Please be advised that if you click this link you will be taken to a website hosted by another party, where you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Biltmore Bank. We recommend that you review and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site that you are entering. Biltmore Bank assumes no liability for the content, information, security, policies or transactions provided by these other sites.